- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 125g corn kernels
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tsp Superior Grade Matcha Buy this matcha
- Heat the coconut oil in thick bottomed saucepan on medium high heat. Allow the solid oil to melt completely.
- Add the corn into the oil and cover with a lid. Wait to hear the first kernel to start popping, remove from the heat after 30 seconds, shake to evenly distribute the oil and return the pan to the heat. Soon the popcorn should begin to pop all at once. Gently shake the pan back and forth.
- Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove from the heat and pour the popcorn immediately into a wide bowl.
- Mix the matcha and the rest of coconut sugar together and generously sprinkle over the hot popcorn. Let it cool down for a few minutes and enjoy!
Naturally vegan when using coconut oil rich in lauric acid which helps maintain blood sugar and cholesterol levels and unrefined coconut sugar.
To make it sweeter and a more caramel-like popcorn, melt the oil with 1 tbsp coconut sugar before adding the corn.