Matcha Shortbread Crust
- 300g plain flour
- 200g butter (room temperature)
- 100g demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp Culinary Grade Matcha Buy this matcha
- 200g dark cooking chocolate
- 200ml double cream
- 120g almond butter
- 120g pure maple syrup
- 50g coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp matcha
- Whisk the butter and sugar in a bowl until you get a white creamy texture. Mix the matcha and flour together and add them to the butter and sugar mixture. Knead very lightly into an even dough ball.
- Shape into a thick square, cover and chill for at least 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 170C.
Dust the worktop with a little flour and roll out the dough to 0.5cm thickness and use it to line a 24cm tart tin. Bake Blind (line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans) for 15 minutes – leave it to cool down.
- Stir together the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and then add the matcha in a mixing bowl until you get a smooth praline. Pour in the pastry case and chill until set for about 15 minutes.
- Break the chocolate into smaller pieces. In a pan, bring the cream to boiling point and remove from the heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 2-3 minutes, so the cream melts the chocolate. Finally, whisk until it starts to come together.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the chilled praline mixture in the pastry case and chill the tart for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
20 minutes before you are ready to server, bring the tart out of the fridge and allow to sit room temperature at least 20 minutes. Finally, sprinkle some matcha on the top.