- 300g white sushi rice
- 300ml water
- 1tsp salt
- 2TBSP matcha culinary grade
- 1Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 avocado
- 2 handful green leaves of your choice (spinach, lettuce…)
- 20g dehydrated seaweed salad
- 80g black radish or mooli
- 3Tbsp Pickled ginger
- 50g edamame beans
- 100g Raw salmon sushi grade or smoked salmon
- 1 Tbsp soya or tamari sauce
- 1Tbsp rice or maple syrup
- 2Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Rinse the rice twice.
- Add the rice to a rice cooker.
- Add the matcha and salt to the water.
- Pour the water in rice cooker.
- Cover and wait till it stops.
- Let the rice rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the rice in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork.
- In a bowl soak the dry seaweed salad for 10 minutes in hot water, and drain (squeeze the excess water with your hands).
- Sliced the avocado in thin slices, drain the pickled ginger if in brine, shred the green leaves, grate the radish and cut the salmon in thin slices.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the cooked rice between the 2 bowls. Top with all vegetables and fish one by one all around the bowl like a circle, add the edamame and ginger in the middle.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients and pour over the bowls or serve on the side.
Rice cooker makes the best sushi sticky rice, If you don’t own one, cook your rice by absorption 1 cup of rice for 1 ½ cup of water, cover and cook for 18minutes then let rest with the lid on for 10 minutes.
High source of fibre when you add a large selection of vegetables, this dish can very easily be vegan if you swope the fish with tempeh or just add more vegetables.