- 225g Butter (melted and cool down)
- 3 large eggs + 1 Yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g Demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp Matcha Culinary Buy this matcha
- 125g plain flour
- 250g dark chocolate chips
- 175g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- Melt the butter in a pan and let it cool down
- Preheat the oven to 175c. use some of the melted butter to grease a square baking pan (9”x9”)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar, add the vanilla extract and the eggs one by one, mix well until combined.
- Sift the matcha over the flour and fold with the batter until well combined and add the chocolate chips
- Bake for about 25 minutes, the centre needs to be set but still quite moist.
- Transfer on a wire rack with a plate underneath and allow it to cool down for 20 minutes.
- In a bain-marie, melt the chocolate chips and add the grapeseed oil
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cake and spread the glaze from top to sides
- Let the chocolate set and after a couple of hours sieve some matcha over the glaze
For a truly decadent dessert, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream