- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150g gluten free flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp Culinary grade matcha Buy this matcha
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100g butter
- 100g demerara sugar
- 50g grounded almond
- 50g gluten free flour
- 30g flaked almonds
- 250g cherries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180˚c. Grease and line a shallow 20x30cm tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the matcha over the flour, add the grounded almonds, baking powder and pinch of salt.
- Whisk the eggs with the butter and sugar. Add the dry mix into the egg and sugar mixture and stir until you get a smooth dough.
- Pour the dough evenly into the tin. Bake for 10 mins in the preheated oven and leave it to cool slightly.
- Cut the cherries into halves (remove the stone) and add a good layer over the cake.
- For the topping, add the sugar, flour and butter to a bowl and use your fingers to blend to form a crumble-like mixture. Add the flaked almonds and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the topping over the cherries and return to bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Let it cool in the tin and then cut into slices.