- 260g Plain Flour
- 40g Corn Flour
- 20g (about 5tsp) Culinary grade matcha Buy this matcha
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 600ml milk
- 20g butter (for the frying pan)
- Heat the milk and sugar on a medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved. Once sugar has dissolved, take off the heat immediately, do not bring to a boil.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the warm milk a little at a time while continuously whisking, then slowly add the oil.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, sift 1/2 flour and matcha into the batter, whisk to combine dry and wet ingredients together. Then add the rest of the dry ingredients and whisk again. Cover and leave to rest for at least an hour before cooking.
- Using a 12 inch non-stick frying pan, melt a little butter (20g) on low heat. Pour in just enough batter to cover the bottom of the frying pan. Cook for about 2 minutes until the edges get a little crispy, now it is time to flip the crêpe and cook for a further 2 minutes.
You can adjust the consistency of the crêpes to make them thinner by adding 1 to 2 tbsp of hot water and whisking again. It’s always best to test on the first one and then adjust accordingly.