Matcha Berry Tartlets
Raspberries and Blackberries work well with matcha flavour, those tartlets are light and crispy not overly sweets and so pretty to look at. They make a nice summer dessert, that can also be prepared in advance.
- 4 egg yolks
- 140g butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 220g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Culinary grade matcha
Chia Raspberry Jam
- 500g frozen raspberries
- 45g chia seeds
- 1TBSP Agave syrup
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 1 punnet of blackberries
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- To prepare the tartlets base, quickly whisk the eggs yolks with the butter and sugar.
- Sieve the matcha over the flour, add the baking powder and stir so all ingredients are combined.
- Stir the dry mix into the egg and sugar mixture until you get a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚c
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and gently roll out the dough it is 1cm thick.
- With a large cookie cutter cut into rounds and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- Add the raspberries to a saucepan + 1 Tbsp water, cover and cook over medium heat for 10-15minutes, the raspberries will start to break down and you should be able to mash them easily.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the chia seeds over the raspberry puree, give a good stir and leave to set for 5 minutes, stir again and leave another 5minutes, leave it too cool down.
- Assemblage - Spread a generous layer of chia jam over the sables and add the berries on the top. You can decorate by dusting a little icing sugar and a little matcha powder on top of the berries.
The different steps of this dessert can be prepared in advance. The dough in advance and it can be stored for few days in the fridge or you can also freeze it.