Matcha Oat Base
- 4 egg yolks
- 140g butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 220g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Culinary Grade Matcha Buy this matcha
- Quickly whisk the eggs yolks with the butter and sugar.
- Sieve the matcha over the flour, add the baking powder and stir so all ingredients are combined
- Stir the dry mix into the egg and sugar mixture until you get a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚c.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and gently roll out the dough it is 1cm thick.
- With a cookie cutter cut into rounds or a glass and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
Sablé biscuits can be kept in an airtight container for up to a few days. You can prepare the dough in advance and it can be stored for few days in the fridge or you can also freeze it. The sablés can also be an excellent pastry case for tartlets… watch this space!