Our matcha cookie is our absolute bestseller at the cafe. So, whilst that recipe remains a closely guarded secret here is a slightly different version with the addition of macadamia nuts. These soft and chewy, white chocolate and macadamia matcha cookies with their notoriously intense green colour will soon become a favourite in all households.
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 170g room temperature butter
- 100g demerara sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 265g plain flour
- 1 Tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 12g Culinary grade matcha
- 80g macadamia nuts
- 200g white chocolate chips
- Beat the butter with the sugar until well combined. Add the egg and mix it well.
- In another bowl sieve the matcha over the flour, add the baking soda and stir so all ingredients are combined.
- Stir the dry mix into the egg and sugar mixture until you get a smooth dough.
- Add the macadamia nuts and the white chocolate chips and stir well until all are combined.
- Make balls from the dough (approx. 80grams), place the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper, press gently to give the cookie shape.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚c.
- Remove the tray from the fridge and place it directly into the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool down.