- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp Culinary grade matcha Buy this matcha
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until frothy.
- Sieve the matcha over the flour and baking powder.
Add the dry mix to the egg and sugar mixture, then add the yoghurt and melted coconut oil. Beat all ingredients together until they are well combined and pour the batter into an 8’’ cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180˚C temperature.
Take out and leave too cool.
- Mix 1 tsp shredded coconut with ½ tsp matcha and sprinkle over the cake - enjoy for the perfect teatime treat.
By using coconut yoghurt as a dairy alternative and matcha to replace vanilla, this makes for an interesting twist on the traditional recipe.