Strawberry Matcha Latte
Celebrate summer with this bright frothy latte made from fresh strawberries.
- 6 strawberries cut in halves
- 60ml water
- 1/2 tsp agave syrup
- 120 ml oat milk
- 1 tsp matcha
- 40 ml hot water
- In a blender add the strawberries cut in halves with a squeeze of agave syrup and 60ml of cold water and blend it on high speed.
- Pour the strawberry juice over ice cubes and add about 100 ml of oat milk
- Make your matcha shot: sieve the matcha over a bowl, add 40 ml of hot water (70 to 80c – not boiling) and whisk the matcha in an M motion with a bamboo whisk.
- When you have a nice matcha foam pour over the shot in the glass and top it with the remaining oat milk.
- With a straw you can stir to combine all the layers
This colourful latte will bring out summer moods. I chose oat milk as it is quite neutral in taste but you can switch to your favourite dairy or alternative milk. Strawberries are naturally quite low in sugar, for a sweeter taste you can adjust the agave dosage. I am always mesmerized by the beautiful layers of this drink.