Bringing you our guilt-free, baked, vegan doughnut with matcha glaze! I love doughnut but always find them hard to digest and feel very guilty after eating one. This vanilla doughnut with matcha glaze gives me the same satisfaction without the guilt, plus they are super easy to bake.
- 275g plain flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 280ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 20ml white wine vinegar
- 3 to 4 tbs water
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Culinary Grade Matcha
- Preheat the oven to 180˚c. If using a silicone baking doughnut mould no greasing is required, if using a doughnut pan, grease it with a little rapeseed oil.
- In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients. In a larger bowl combine the milk, vanilla extract, oil and white wine vinegar.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry mix. Fold until just combined. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes to allow the bicarbonate of soda to activate.
- Fill each doughnut cup approximatively ¾ full, bake for 12 minutes. The doughnuts are cooked through when their tops spring back when touched.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from their mould. Allow to cool down (preferably on a wire rack) before glazing.
- To prepare the glaze, sieve the matcha over the icing sugar and stir well until well combined. Slowly stir in the water, a little at a time, to make a smooth medium thick glaze.
- Dip your doughnuts halfway into the glaze and let it set in the fridge for a few minutes.