- 275g plain flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 280ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 20ml white wine vinegar
- 3 to 4 tbs water
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Culinary Grade Matcha Buy this matcha
- Preheat the oven to 180˚c. If using a silicone baking doughnut mould no greasing is required, if using a doughnut pan, grease it with a little rapeseed oil.
- In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients. In a larger bowl combine the milk, vanilla extract, oil and white wine vinegar.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry mix. Fold until just combined. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes to allow the bicarbonate of soda to activate.
- Fill each doughnut cup approximatively ¾ full, bake for 12 minutes. The doughnuts are cooked through when their tops spring back when touched.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from their mould. Allow to cool down (preferably on a wire rack) before glazing.
- To prepare the glaze, sieve the matcha over the icing sugar and stir well until well combined. Slowly stir in the water, a little at a time, to make a smooth medium thick glaze.
- Dip your doughnuts halfway into the glaze and let it set in the fridge for a few minutes.