Raspberry Chia Jam & Yogurt
- 12g (1 tbsp) chia seeds
- 200g frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 80g Greek or coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp Superior Grade Matcha Buy this matcha
- 150ml of your preferred milk
- ½ to 1tsp of maple sirup (according to taste)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 50g of Oats
Yield 2 portions
- In a pan add frozen raspberries with a tsp of water and the lemon juice. Cook gently on a low heat till it softens and delicately mash the raspberries in the pan. Reserve 2 TBSP of the raspberry coulis and let it cool down.
- Add 1 Tbsp of chia seeds in the pan and keep stirring on low heat for 2 minutes until it thickens. Remove from it and let it set.
- Stir the remaining raspberry coulis with the yogurt and reserve.
- Sieve the matcha with a fine mesh sieve to avoid any lumps. Whisk the matcha with milk (ideally at room temperature or warm) until smooth.
Add the maple syrup and chia seed continue to whisk for 1 minute. Finally add the oats and stir.Cover and leave to stand overnight.
- In a glass jar pour one layer of chia jam (1/4 of the jar) , a generous portion of matcha overnight oats (1/2 of the Jar) and finish with a layer of the raspberry yogurt, top with a berry of your choice.
This breakfast is rich in protein and complex carbohydrates the perfect combination for slow release energy troughout the day.