Matcha & Oat Breakfast Pot
Colourful and nutritious breakfast to be prepared the day ahead. Chia seeds will add texture and added protein, matcha will bring its unique colour and flavour and is also a great source of antioxydants. Matcha and raspberry pair really well and create a dramatic visual effect. Using gluten. free oats and almond milk makes this recipe suitable for vegan gluten and dairy intolerant.
Raspberry Chia Jam & Yogurt
- 12g (1 tbsp) chia seeds
- 200g frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 80g Greek or coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp Superior Grade Matcha
- 150ml of your preferred milk
- ½ to 1tsp of maple sirup (according to taste)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 50g of Oats
- In a pan add frozen raspberries with a tsp of water and the lemon juice. Cook gently on a low heat till it softens and delicately mash the raspberries in the pan. Reserve 2 TBSP of the raspberry coulis and let it cool down.
- Add 1 Tbsp of chia seeds in the pan and keep stirring on low heat for 2 minutes until it thickens. Remove from it and let it set.
- Stir the remaining raspberry coulis with the yogurt and reserve.
- Sieve the matcha with a fine mesh sieve to avoid any lumps. Whisk the matcha with milk (ideally at room temperature or warm) until smooth.
Add the maple syrup and chia seed continue to whisk for 1 minute. Finally add the oats and stir.Cover and leave to stand overnight.
- In a glass jar pour one layer of chia jam (1/4 of the jar) , a generous portion of matcha overnight oats (1/2 of the Jar) and finish with a layer of the raspberry yogurt, top with a berry of your choice.